Prayer Prompts for Wednesday
I love having prayer prompts for each day of the week. It stimulates my mind and heart as I consider what to pray about. Of course, asking God to guide in my prayers as I read these prayer prompts is the most important thing.
Some of my favorite verses on prayer
Luke 11:9-13 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
The Power of the Holy Spirit in our lives is ours for the asking.
I love the fact that our heavenly Father, God, wants to give us the power of the Holy Spirit on our lives. He considers this a good gift and is willing to give it to us if we but ask. Sometimes I just don’t ask enough. He is the God of wonders and can prove in us that He can do something supernatural and divine.
Below is a guide for Wednesday that may help you in our prayer life.
- Perfect wisdom comes from God and He promises to give it liberally to all who ask: James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- Pray that the Lord will keep you alert to the evils around you, to help you to be careful and vigilant in your Christian walk. Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
- Don’t worry about things – pray about them Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- Pray that your will becomes God’s will. Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Ask God to show you His ways and teach you His paths. Psalms 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
- Not my will, but whatever the Lord wants or whoever the Lord wants involved in my life, and whenever He wants me to do something I am willing. John 5:30 . . . because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
- Pray that you will be a witness for Christ wherever you go. Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- Pray for workers – that God will send forth laborers into His harvest starting with you. Matthew 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
- We are His workmanship – pray that we show forth His works in all that we do. Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- As you pray, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness – as Him to make you more like the Master – Be holy for He is holy. Psalms 29:2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- We are at war – at war with the old nature, at war with Satan, at war with the enemies of God. Pray for God to help you conquer in every situation. Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
- Pray that you and yours will walk in the Spirit and not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
- Pray for the ability to wait on the Lord, to be of good cheer, knowing the He will strengthen you and do what is best for you in His timing. Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
- Ask God to help you “put on” the new man today so that all can see that you are clothed in His righteousness. Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- Pray for the ability to lay aside every weight and the sin that does so easily beset. Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
- Pray for a week that is pleasing to Him and for His grace which is sufficient for your weakness. And remember that seven days without prayer makes one weak. 2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- Pray for compassion for souls. Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
- Ask God for the gift of hospitality and the ability to welcome others into your home. Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
- Pray for wives that you know – pray they will love and reverence their husbands, be good keepers at home, have strength to care for children and needs of the home, and know how to put Christ first in all they do. Pray they will find their strength in the joy of the Lord. Nehemiah 8:10 . . . for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
- Pray that you will not wander from God’s commandments. Psalms 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
- Ask God to help you to pray in faith without wavering. James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.