Our ladies group celebrated our Christmas meeting in honor of our pastor’s wife. How often do we even think about her as being a gift from God? But she truly is! We chose to honor her at this time because her husband has recently resigned and this will be their last month with us. It is also her birthday month so was a great time to honor her. But how sad, in a way, that we waited until she was leaving to do this.
Since our pastor’s wife is a gift to our church, we decorated with a gift theme.
Below is a ladies Trio singing “No Room”
We also played a fun game with M&M’s. The object was to see who could be the first to suck all their M&M’s out of the cup and onto the table with a straw. Everyone below is intently trying to get their M&M’s out of their cup first.
- She was consistent in her walk with the Lord; she was the same at home as she was at church.
- She is not a respecter of persons. She treats each person the same, usually making it a point to greet and talk to individuals, and always making it a point to greet visitors.
- She is hospitable; her home is always open and she invites people in.
- She loves her children and grand children and gives of her time to be the best mother or grandmother possible. She is a good role model in child rearing and being a keeper of the hom.
- She is much in love with her husband and is not ashamed to make that known and show it in public.
- She has always stood behind her husband.
- She has never been a gossip and if you spend any amount of time with her, you will find that her conversation often centers on the Lord and His Word.
- She is a giving person, always thinking more about the needs of others rather than herself.
- She has a good sense of humor and can take being teased. 🙂
- She is truly a woman of virtue and fits nicely into the category of a Proverbs 31 Woman. She is and has been a gift to our church.
We are thankful for a godly Pastor’s Wife! She will be greatly missed!
Chicken Salad Croissants
Strawberry Pretzel Salad