Fire at our house! Yes, I said our house!
Why is someone knocking at our door early in the morning?
There is a Fire!
Applications in relation to the lost being warned of hell fire
- The Fire came quickly, without warning. Eternity can come quickly without warning. The fires of hell are real. Please don’t delay in making sure your eternity won’t be spent here!
- We actually talked about the danger ahead of time. My husband had burned trash that afternoon and wanted to make sure the fire was entirely out, but we decided to put it off for a while since we were busy and take care of it later. But we FORGOT! And later never came before it was too late. Later may never come for you my friend. Maybe you are thinking about escaping the fires of hell at a later time after you do other things. But once again, eternity can come without warning! 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
- We went to sleep that night thinking all was well. All was not well. You may think life is good and all is well, but until you have made peace with Jesus Christ, all is not well and danger is lurking.
- The fire was so close, but we didn’t even know it was there. Hell Fire is close and lost souls don’t even realize how close it is. They are asleep to the truth of the good news of Jesus Christ, but in a moment can and will lose their very soul.
- We were awakened in the night by a strangers furiously and urgently knocking on our door and blasting on their car horn. They wanted to warn us of the danger. As a Christian, I should be concerned about the urgency of warning others of the danger of hell fire. I need to be urgently telling others(AFF link)and shouting that danger is near.
- We were aggravated, upset, concerned about strangers being in our yard and awakening us so abruptly in the middle of the night. Although folks of the world, may not like us intruding into their lives, we must furiously and urgently continue to warn them of the truth.
- We were actually ready to harm that person who came to warn us. Others may dislike us and even try to cause us harm because we want to warn them of the truth.
- When we realized the danger of the fire we did something about it. We were grateful to the strangers for warning us. Let us continue to warn others of the truth of hell fire and of the good news of Salvation through Jesus Christ. When the lost come to realize the truth, they will be grateful that we did not give up on them. John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Psalms 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me:
and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
Proverbs 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.
Applications for the Christian
- The fire we had started out small and continued to grow until our shed was in blazes. It destroyed the shed and all its contents which was several thousand dollars worth of equipment for my husband’s business. The fire had become uncontrollable Our tongues are also compared to a fire:
James 3:5-6 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
- How important to allow the Holy Spirit to have control of our tongues each and every day to keep from spreading harm and destruction. Not only is the shed (our temple which is our body where the Holy Spirit indwells) destroyed, but many other lives can be destroyed too.
- When the fire department showed up the fire was put out quickly. The Chief was in control. When we give our tongues to the Lord, then the master is in control and any fire that is getting ready to spread can quickly be quenched or never even allowed to start in the first place.
Everything happened so quickly, that I never thought to get pictures except for this little video of the firetrucks in our yard. We are truly grateful for God’s protection.