Daniel 5:25-28 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN. This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it. TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting. PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
Lessons from Daniel Chapter 5
- The king’s kingdom was numbered and finished. I need to pray Psalms 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
- The king was weighed in the balances and found wanting. As a lost individual, one is always found wanting. He can never measure up to God’s holiness. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- As a saved individual I am reminded of these promises:
- Psalms 23:1 <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- Psalms 34:9-10 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
- James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Are you wanting today?
- Turn to Christ. He can cleanse your heart and make you whole and satisfy your soul.
- He can make you realize that your days on earth are numbered and will soon be finished; that you need to apply our hearts to wisdom. Psalms 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.