7 Things a Grandma Would Love at Her Birthday Party
Now everyone will have their own ideas, but for this Grandma, these were some very great ideas.
- Presence, not their presents. Request the presence, not presents of your guests. Although, you may receive some nice presents, let them know how much your appreciate their presence.
- Singing – Have each guest or family prepare a song and sing it for you – if you have grandkids, request that they sing too. I love to hear my grandkids sing and it made my day extra special!
- Salvation Testimonies! Do you love to hear how people got saved? Request that they write this down and leave it with you. And if someone wants to share theirs, let them. Isn’t it more fun to make this day about others rather than yourself?
- How old are you today? Request that each guest write out that many reasons why they love the Lord, or why they ________________ (you fill in the blank). This makes an extra special birthday present.
- Trivia – Make up a trivia game about yourself, since you are the birthday person. See how many questions your guests can get right.
- Slideshow – Make a slideshow of yourself and leave it in plain view for all to see. Use pictures from birth to now.
- Group Singing – This is a lovely way to end a great birthday party. Pick out some of your favorites ahead of time and let them pick theirs too. Then sing from your heart to the Lord. It will be a tremendous blessing!