What If? Oh how I want to shout out these truths to my grandchildren. What if you do these following things? For if you do, then God will do so many wonderful things for you. Have you read the ifs in Proverbs 2, followed by the thens?
What if? What if they will just seek out the wonderful treasures from the Word of God! As I read Proverbs 2, I see five “what ifs” and my prayer is that each of them will choose to do these ifs for when they do, they will find that God says If thou, then I ….
Many times you have heard that there is no sense saying if this or if that because it is already too late; those ifs can never come to pass. But you know what,
“It’s always too soon to quit, but never too late to start.” -A. Rogers
Someone can always start on the ifs in this chapter and God will bless.
Note: There are affiliate links associated with this post. Here is the full disclosure.
So What if my children and/or grandchildren:
- Choose Salvation? v1 if thou wilt receive my words (yes it is a choice)
- Memorize and meditate on God’s Word? v hide my commandments with thee
- Obey what they read? v2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
- Cry out to God in prayer? v3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding
- Search and study the Word of God as though they were seeking for treasures that they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt were right there near them? v4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures
What if they do all the above? THEN!!!
- They will understand the fear of the LORD v5
- They will find the knowledge of God v5
- Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. (Proverbs 2:5)
- They will realize that it is God who v 6-9
- gives, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding
- guards and preserves His children
- gives discretion
- delivers from the way of the evil man and from the strange woman
- keeps them on the righteous path
All this in turn will make anyone who seeks God with His whole heart to worship Him with holy reverence and awe, in humilty. They will realize the great treasures they have in the Lord. They will begin to understand and to know the breadth, and length, and depth, and height of the love of Christ.
Ephesians 3:17-19 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
They will see that God can do exceeding abundantly above all that anyone could ask or think …
Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,
according to the power that worketh in us
Let us follow God’s “ifs” in order to see God’s “thens” carried out in our lives.